The zoo separated them because they kept stealing other penguins' eggs---"they were caught placing stones at the feet of parents before waddling away with their eggs." (MailOnline) This is the sweet part:
But angry visitors to Polar Land in Harbin, northern China, complained it wasn't fair to stop the couple from becoming surrogate fathers and urged zoo bosses to give them a chance.
So....the zoo gave them some eggs from a couple whose hatching/parenting skills were in doubt.
'It's very encouraging and if this works out well we will try to arrange for them to become real parents themselves with artificial insemination.' (MailOnline)
The zoo said they were separated not because they were gay, but because they were disturbing the other penguins.
TMV's Elyas Bahktiari comments here.
Towleroad comments here.
- Needful Diversions: Rare White Lions Born in Belgrade
- Attackerman: "Dey Know (Blago)"
- Colbert: "The Unbearable Lightness of Supreme Being"
- A Daily Show Tribute to Liberal Whipping Boy Alan Colmes (by Hall & Oates)
- More on Blago's Frightening 'Do
- Dept of Valedictions: It's Herbert Hoover Time! or, Even Dick Cheney is Sometimes Right
- Colin Powell Speaks About Limbaugh, Palin, and the Military's "Don't Ask--Don't Tell" Policies
- InstaSnark: The Media & the Wingnuts Play: Connect! the!! Blago-Obama Dots!!!...