by Teh Nutroots | The Minnesota Supreme Court has ordered that Franken be certified as having won the seemingly endless election dispute with Norm Coleman. (WaPo)
"We affirm the decision of the trial court that Al Franken received the highest number of votes legally cast and is entitled under (Minnesota law) to receive the certificate of election as United States Senator from the State of Minnesota," the court wrote in its 5-0 ruling.
With Franken and the usual backing of two independents, Democrats will have a big enough majority to overcome Republican filibusters.(WaPo)
The ruling was unanimous.(Minn. Star Tribune) So it's over, right, and the baddies have to accept that they lost? Right? Not necessarily:
For more on how Coleman could carry on the fight against reason, see Eric Kleefeld's full analysis.
RECENT BUCK NAKED POLITICS POSTINGS
- The Honduran Coup and the U.S.
- Needful Diversions: French Bulldog Fosters Baby Tiger
- Memphis Cop Pleads Guilty to Stealing Money from Latino Motorists
- Another Example of Contractor Fraud Driving up Health Care Costs
- Honduran President Ousted by Coup
- Iran's Future
- The Daily Show: "Transparency" and "Accountability" Under Obama
- Obama Considers Executive Order to Allow Detention of Detainees Without Charges?
- Sanford: "King David Didn't Resign," So Neither Will Sanford
- Employment Disaster